The Research Computing Initiative was created by the Office of the Vice Provost for Information Technology and the Office of the CIO to strengthen the campus research computing infrastructure to meet current and future needs. The initiative has the following objectives:
- To provide campus leadership and a long-term vision and advocacy for research computing on campus
- To identify researchers' computing needs and provide computing expertise, software and other resources to meet those needs
- To build community among UW-Madison researchers by providing opportunities for mutual support, education, advocacy, events and collaborations
- To educate researchers about the opportunities for enhancing research programs with UW-Madison computing innovations and sources of federal funding for enhancing local capabilities
- To coordinate with national and international cyber-infrastructure resources
With the guidance of the Information Technology Committee (ITC), a faculty advisory group, we are actively working to realize these goals. We welcome participation from all UW-Madison researchers and technical staff. Please consider joining us by participating in the "Research Computing at Madison" listserv, attending an event, joining a work group, or giving a presentation to your campus colleagues.
If you have any questions or would like to participate in supporting research computing activities, please contact us.