Tools & Software
To help departments and individuals reduce the risk of an information security breach, the Office of Campus Information Security (OCIS) offers a variety of tools and services to campus:
- Restricted Data Discovery Tool (Identity Finder)
- Server Certificates
- Personal Digital Certificates
- Risk Assessment Tools
- Scanning Tools
Restricted Data Philosophy
- Find it! Many people are surprised by what kinds of restricted data they had forgotten is stored on their computer: old credit card transactions, social security numbers on employment forms, research data, and more. The Office of Campus Information Security (OCIS) has tools to scan your machines to find out where this data may reside.
- Delete it! If you don’t really need it, we recommend you delete restricted data, thereby reducing the likelihood that theft, human error or other kinds of malfeasance give hackers access to it. OCIS has data sanitization tools to help you do just that.
- Protect it!If you absolutely must keep restricted data on your machines, OCIS has a wide range of mitigation controls (i.e., tools and services such as disk encryption, vulnerability scanning, certificates, VPN) to help you protect it.